1. Wednesday was Eli's first day of daycare. I went back to work at the beginning of June but instead of starting daycare at that time both my mom and Luke's mom took turns keeping Eli. Now he starts going to a daycare for 20 hours a week. I thought it was going to be really hard on me when I dropped him off that morning, but I did surprisingly well. I know that he is in good hands. Here are his first day of "school" pictures! :-)
2. When Eli was tiny and I was on maternity leave I had him on the best schedule and he was such a good sleeper. Somewhere between me going back to work and now he has completely gotten off his schedule. I'm not a hardcore baby scheduler but I had developed something that worked for both me and Eli. But now we have nothing and he has quit sleeping through the night and wanting to take naps. During maternity leave I could lay him down and he would put himself to sleep, now it takes a lot of effort to get him to sleep. I feel like a mommy failure but Luke reminded me tonight that he is still so young and we are learning everyday. It made me feel better.
3. I went out to eat with some good friends tonight. It was so much fun and was made complete with some yummy cheesecake at the end of the night. Cheesecake is my favorite.
4. I want to make a digital memory book of Eli's first year starting from the night he was born. I keep wanting to start it as I feel like it will be easier to keep up with little by little instead of trying to do all at once at the end of the year. I'm trying to figure out what program would be the best to use for this. I need to get started ASAP. Anybody have any good photobook sites they would suggest using?
5. Just the other day I put Eli in his swing and ran to my bedroom to grab something. When I came back out he was staring straight up at the mobile above his head for the first time. It looked like he had just discovered that there were "friends" up there! He was like "hey guys, I didn't know you were up there!" Now he stares up there all the time. I love watching his little brain work!
6. I have now gone one whole week without any diet coke. A friend commented on my post last week and told me to google aspartame poisoning, so I did and I totally had several of the symptoms. I decided to quit putting it in my body and I have felt SO much better. It is amazing. I will probably do a full post about this sometime. I haven't really even craved it too badly. The feeling of "feeling good" is better than diet coke tastes!
7. It's Harry Potter weekend on ABC Family this weekend!! Yay!! You know I love my HP movies!
8. Several people inquired about ordering Scentsy from me. Anybody can order Scentsy products through my website, which you can get to by clicking on the Scentsy button at the top of this blog. Everybody that orders this month by clicking on "July Online Orders" on my website will be entered into a drawing for a half price full size warmer of your choice!
9. Big Brother started tonight. YAY!!! It always officially feels like Summer when BB starts!
10. Before Eli I NEVER went to bed with makeup on my face. Since having Eli I have done this a couple of times and I hate it. When I do it I can FEEL the wrinkles forming, but sometimes I'm so tired I just want to crawl in bed!
Hi Megan! I am a new follower and LOVE your blog. You seriously crack me up! I don't know if it is your random thoughts (which is so me) or adorable Eli, but I have enjoyed reading! Oh, and I use Shutterfly to make my books. Although I see so many 'free' specials all over the internet. Don't know about the quality, but it's free. Hope Eli's daycare time goes well!ReplyDelete
Eli is so cute and you are so helpful to me as I plan for having a baby and being a working mom! :)ReplyDelete
Yay for an easy drop off for his first day of school!! I actual did great on E's first day this go round too. Maybe we're stronger than we give ourselves credit for?! ;)ReplyDelete
E managed to get completely off schedule once I went back to work too. Give yourself some time. Now that he's consistently in daycare, you'll figure out a system that works all three places. And tell them what you want. They should stick pretty closely to whatever schedule you give them.
Tip: my cosmetologist friend said to just wash your makeup off each night with a baby wipe. I'm AWFUL at washing my face, so I now do that. And I have to say, it's helped my skin. E's last diaper change before bed, I take one of her wipes, wipe my face off and I'm done. Simple. And I do like simple!
I usually use snapfish.com to make my photo albums, but I was introduced to mixbook.com to make a pregnancy journal. Love it! Same price as snapfish, but a more scrapbooky feel.ReplyDelete
The perfect solution to makeup on your face is baby wipes. I know you've got some of those around, just wipe and trash it. It's better than a face full of makeup (or worse, wrinkles!)ReplyDelete
Sleeping with makeup on causes wrinkles?!ReplyDelete
I use PhotoShop Elements to design my own pages (I'm not that good, but it's much cheaper than the full PhotoShop and does what I need it to).ReplyDelete
Then I just stockpile the pages and upload them to winkflash.com when they have their periodic "100 pages for the price of 20" sale. Normally, it's a set price for 20 pages, then $1/page after that. When this flat rate sale comes along, the next 80 pages are free!
I tried snapfish - I have friends that love it, but couldn't get the hang out of it.
This way I do have to determine which size I'm going to do upfront as I can layout my own design, but then I can work on it a page/week (or whatever) until they have their flat rate sell, then I upload and print away!
You can see my pages here: http://noregretsliving.wordpress.com/2011/01/28/full-wedding-scrapbook/
I really love My Publisher! They are always having sales on their books, the quality is amazing the the customer service is out of this world. A lot of times you can get a special on your book or even get a scone copy for half off! If it's a book of Eli, then you can give it to one of his g-parents as a gift!ReplyDelete
I have found that daycares are really good at getting my son on a schedule. There is no one like a grandma, but they tend to cheat and rock babies to sleep and whatnot. ;) I also found that I loved daycare because they pushed him (in a good way) where I was too scared to. And sometimes babies just change their sleeping habits up. Teething, growing spurts, etc. all have an effect on their sleeping habits. Don't worry you are far from a failure as a mother.ReplyDelete
This comment has been removed by the author.ReplyDelete
Hi Megan! I have recently started reading your blog and I love it. Your sense of humor is great. My little boy is 18 months and let me tell you, as soon as you think you have a routine down they change it up on you. It is definitely not your fault! These little guys just like to keep us on our toes. Get started on your scrapbook ASAP. I started when he turned one and I am still very behind. I guess I can't have a second until the scrapbook is done. Haha!ReplyDelete
Hi, I have a 6 month old baby boy and he goes through phases of sleeping great/not sleeping great, so I feel you there!ReplyDelete
I have used mixbook and shutterfly to make a photobook for each month that he has been here. I like them both.... I wanted to do a photobook of his first year but when I realized how many pics I take of him, I decided to do one each month! ;)
I am so glad you gave up the diet coke! I bet you feel way better. I knew you would!ReplyDelete
I keep mark. makeup remover wipes in my nightstand b/c I'm the world's worst about washing my makeup off.
So so handsome :)ReplyDelete
I LOVE the mobile story! How stinkin sweet. Seriously, you and Luke made one heck of a cute baby. I hope he gets back on his sleep schedule asap!ReplyDelete
If you're looking for a photobook website that allows a little more freedom in design and is super high quality - but not OVERLY expensive - I suggest Blurb Books. I used this to make wedding albums for my parents and inlaws and they look exactly like the ones you would get from a professional photographer. You can even design an entire cover/dust jacket. Our book is like 50 pages and I think I paid $30 or something.ReplyDelete
Anyway, as always, love the blog. :-)
Oh my goodness, look at him! He is becoming a little chunk and I love it.ReplyDelete
We used Shutterfly to make our wedding photo book and loved it so much, we have since used it to make wedding books for our moms & grandmother! Its super easy and the quality is great. Also, there was one smudge on one page of our 12x12 100 page book and they sent us a completely new one! So they have good customer service, also :)ReplyDelete
I'm a Big Brother lover and even devoted an entire blog post to my love for BB and my distaste for Rachel! Any early faves for the season?ReplyDelete
Oh good heavens he is cute :-) I love him discovering his "friends"ReplyDelete
How does that baby keep getting cuter? Just want to squeeze him!! It's so fun to watch them learn new things...I mean, they have to learn EVERYTHING. How exhausting that must be. LOL So fun to watch though.ReplyDelete
I want to order that cupcake scentsy...I'll do that on our next payday. Next Friday! Remind me - if you think of it?
I use MyPublisher for photo books. They're having a buy one get one free right now, I think. I like to order 2 of the same so Amelia will have a copy when she gets older. I'm not great at baby books, so she'll just have a zillion photo books when she's older, I guess.
I imagine staying on somewhat of a schedule is hard when you're working outside of the home. I can't imagine. We never had any type of schedule with A either though...just did whatever she wanted to do. I knew that I would be tired for awhile but that's what it's all about right? :) She started sleeping through the night when she was ready and is a great sleeper now. E will be too - I have no doubt. :)
Love seeing pics of that baby.
I love doing photo books on Blurb! You should check it out for sure.ReplyDelete
Shutterfly all the way!ReplyDelete
Blurb! Quality is great and you can even do a blog to book! It will sync all of your posts into book form and then you just edit and order! I do that annually for our families scrapbook!ReplyDelete
He is so precious!! I could just eat him up. We use Shutterfly photo books. I actually just tried it for the first time, but I like it alot!ReplyDelete
I thought about you the other night when I was watching the coverage of the London premiere of HP. My girls are HP freaks, too. haha They are going to be so sad when it all comes to an end. *sniff sniff* :(
I love Blurb also! I did our guest book for our wedding on it and I'm working on our wedding album. I found they have the most flexibility in terms of page layouts, love them!ReplyDelete