Our sweet baby boy is 2 months old!!! It has been two very fast months. Every day he is growing more alert and more fun. I can remember what life was like before Eli but it seems like it was pretty boring (although it wasn't at the time).
There definitely wasn't the excitement of sitting and staring at a baby trying to get him to smile. That can provide endless hours of entertainment. Seriously.
I could get all sappy right here and talk about how I never knew what this kind of love felt like until he was born - but I will save that for another day. But seriously sometimes I just look at him and cry because I can't believe that he is our baby.
He had his 2 month shots last week and it was so sad, he had a shot in each leg and just cried and cried.
At the dr he weighed 9 lbs and 8 ounces and was 21 inches long. He is still our tiny guy. I've been so worried that he isn't as big as other babies his age but the dr. assured me that he is gaining weight and that is all that matter. He has gained 3 lbs since he was born.
- You are still eating every 3 hours during the day
- Most nights you are sleeping 8 hours, you still have nights here and there where you wake up at 4:00 and want to eat but for the most part you are sleeping all night. Momma LOVES THIS.
- You recently found your hands and you love them. You are always sticking them in your mouth.
- Sometime in the last month you started smiling SO BIG and doing this little "laugh".
We usually spend the time after your morning feeding (sometime between 6:30 and 7:00) just sitting together and cooing and "talking" together and making lots of eye contact. You smile and laugh the whole time.
- You fell in LOVE with your swing and love to just sit in it and look around. Sometimes I feel guilty for putting you in it but you love sitting in it.
- You still wear newborn size diapers but I put 1's on you sometimes.
- You are in 0-3 months clothes
- You are such a good baby. You are so content and calm most of the time
- You do get fussy some nights between 6 and 9ish. Not sure what causes it and there isn't much we have figured out to do to ease your fussiness but usually by 10:00 you are OK again.
- You are learning to put yourself to sleep. You never cry when we put you down in bed, but sometimes you fuss for a bit and then eventually fall asleep (after us going in and putting your pacifier in your mouth several times)
- You still sleep in a cradle by our bed. I'm not sure when we will move you to your crib. I NEVER in a million years thought we would have kept you in our room this long, but alas, I am THAT mom.
- You love your play mat and have lots of funny conversation with the octopus hanging above your head
- You have started to love bath time. It has become one of my favorite parts of the day is to give you a bath.
- You love your daddy and he is crazy about you, he was gone for 3 days last week and wanted me to text him pictures of you all throughout the day.
We love you baby Eli and are thankful to be your parents and so excited to watch you grow and learn!