1. This week is flying by, and let's not even talk about the year. Is it seriously MAY?!? I feel like the winter usually drags on but this year it just zoomed by.
2. When we moved into our house my MIL brought me a Scentsy warmer and 3 scents. Now I am considering selling it. Any Scentsy fans out there?
3. This may be a post for another day but our house is the very first house in our neighborhood and I sometimes forget about a little thing called see-through-windows and walk around partially clothed with all of the windows open. This has caused me to jump down and crawl on the floor many times when I realize any and everybody can see right into our home. Luke pointed out that they could still see me crawling, I'm still half clothed - just lower to the ground.
4. I haven't been blogging as much lately. I tend to go through blogging ruts, I think it's normal.
5. I crave frozen yogurt on a daily basis now that we have a frozen yogurt store on EVERY corner. I think it's a conspiracy.
6. My student worker just told me about a marathon in DISNEY WORLD. It starts at night and you run through the parks and then finish up at Epcot for a giant party. Um, that sounds like marathon heaven (which could be an oxymoron). I don't want to do a full marathon but could seriously consider the half-marathon if Disney World is involved.
7. That motivation might help me get through hill #5867 when I am running through my neighborhood and would rather sit down and cry but then I remember how weird people looked at my when I sat down and cried in the airport and that might be multiplied if I just sit down on a curb in our neighborhood and cry. And then Luke would be known as the man married to the "crier." Which let's face it thats how every other group of people identifies us, it would be nice if we kept this a secret from the people in our neighborhood.
8. When I do posts like this I feel like I have lost all ability to write a decent post and it scares me. Then I get over it.
9. Also twitter sometimes steals my posts. Sometimes I will have a post in mind and then I will put it into 140 characters and that said post that I was formulating in my mind has now turned into 140 measly characters, and has forever vanished into blog posts-that-could-have-been world.
10. We are getting a Chick Fila less than a mile from my work. PRAISE be to JESUS.
11. See I already tweeted that little fact about Chick Fila so I debated whether to even put it in this post, but there are some of you who don't follow me on twitter so you wouldn't have seen it, and then there are others of you who have seen it so then it will be redundant do you. SO confusing!
12. Who knew Twitter could bring so much stress to my life.
I love Scentsy! we got one for a wedding gift, and I'm about to order more scents and a warmer for work!! i feel like it might be an oncoming addiction....ReplyDelete
good for you on running outside! i did the OKC 5k last sunday and want to run a half by next year......we'll see. hopefully they have half marathons that are completely flat :)
Hah, too funny about the windows! I have that same problem, but we live in an apartment, so I really should have figured it out by now. There are literally people walking by our first floor place constantly. Whoops!ReplyDelete
Ha, I love this….. and seriously, if you come to Disney, you are so seeing me this time!!!! Haha!!! And Chick-Fil-A…. God’s answer to everyone’s prayers… and if not for some, then they aren’t praying hard enough, haha!!! :)ReplyDelete
I just had the BEST idea ever! We should do the Disney half marathon together! Like for serious! How amazing would that be! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!ReplyDelete
And I hate running but dude it's Disney! Magic!!!
oh chick fil a a mile away would be heaven! love that place!ReplyDelete
I do the same thing in regards to the windows. We have 25 ft ceilings in our living room - we didn't put blinds on the upper windows b/c who could see up that far? well, my neighbors can from their bedroom. awesome.ReplyDelete
I want you to run the half marathon with me but I don't want it to turn into another OKC 5K disaster... I am very serious about this I even printed off a 10 week training schedule. Just think... running by Cinderella's castle at night... and then ending in EPCOT! It would be magical. And can I get a name on this thing? I feel like the mysterious "student worker"....Anyway see you in a little bit when you make me blow up balloons! Actually you are in the kitchen right now.... isn't this creepy??ReplyDelete
I soooo think you should do the Disney Half Marathon. And I am proud of your running....esp. with the hills! I want to sit down and cry sometimes on my runs, myself. And YAY for the CFA. OH- and I don't have twitter so I love it when you include all this! :)ReplyDelete
I told my husband that the only way I will be able to run a half marathon is if we could go to Disney. Apparently, everyone dresses in costumes too.ReplyDelete
I'm a Chick-Fil-A addict too!
There are a bunch of endurance events at WDW -- the regular marathon/half marathon, the (relatively new) Princess half marathon, the Expedition Everest challenge (which is a combination race/obstacle course/scavenger hunt...so fun), and a couple of 10k races, too. They're all fun and GREAT first-timer events.ReplyDelete
Plus, no hills in Florida. And no Oklahoma wind, either.
i love your random posts! they're my favorites!ReplyDelete
Sometimes you just have to do a list. I feel ya.ReplyDelete
I've lived in my house for 3 years and still haven't figured out that I shouldn't walk around half-clothed! I wonder what my neighbors think of me...ReplyDelete
Girl, I totally feel you on the window treatment thing. We are renting right now so I didn't want to buy custom made blinds...so we're all hanging out there for the neighbors to see. I try to be careful...but I can pretty much guarantee our neighbors have seen my boobs on more than one occasion. :)ReplyDelete
This post had me laughing out loud, especially now that I know your facial expressions and stuff.ReplyDelete
I have the same "issue" with Twitter and have almost given it up several times because of this reason...still may! ;-)
The "marathon heaven" oxymoron...hilarious. And CFA DOES equal heaven. I have one literally in front of FitLab and I could throw a rock and hit it. The people that work there actually say, "Hi Amy...1/2 & 1/2 tea this morning?" Sad, but I love it!
Oh, and I forgot to comment about the crawling thing...done it millions of time but was dying laughing at the thought of you doing it. There are paper window treatments you can put up temporarily while you are figuring out window treatments that cost next to nothing...ReplyDelete
You should check out the Princess half marathon at DisneyReplyDelete
I love a random post!ReplyDelete
I have a good friend who did the half marathon in Disney a few months ago. I'm no runner, but after hearing her story, I wanted to go. If only I could get my butt in gear.
haha, the window scene cracked me up! i have done it too! Hubby usually opens the blinds in our room and I don't realize it and then i get lazy and end up scooting all stealthy sideways (like that would make a difference :)) and trying to cover myself with my arms and hands, I just look like a half naked (or naked) goofball, ha!ReplyDelete
i say still blog about it even if you tweet it! i'll laugh each time :) love CFilA :) and the venue and fun at the end of the marathon would be extra motivation for the running, fun! :)
Ooooh, this is a funny post! I think there should be a Chick Fil A a mile from EVERYWHERE. I need better access and so does everyone else.ReplyDelete
The Disney Marathon sounds amazing. I would only do the Half Marathon though. But what better motivation than running through the park and getting celebrate with a huge party there!ReplyDelete
I am going to have to go and google Scentsy, cause I don't know what it is! I love your random posts!ReplyDelete
Yes do the half marathon at Disney!!! It is in October and the races there are so much fun!!ReplyDelete
My friends are trying to convince me to do the Princess Marathon. Even though it would be in the World, I'm not so sure - I think I might die.ReplyDelete
My public relations professor ran that marathon in Disney World!ReplyDelete